Tuesday, April 23, 2024

There and Back Again

It's been 4 years since I wore a post here. Until today when I decided to post a book review to my blog. Without getting too personal, I am fighting a very serious health issue. But I did not stop working on my novel altogether. In fact, I identified a change of plan. 

I convinced myself that I was stuck in the middle and I could not figure out where to go from there. But in going over the story and creating its outline -- which I should have done to begin with -- I realized that the issue has not been that there was no middle to my story. The issue is that I had already written it. Ahh, at long last clarity brings everything into focus. 

Now, I'm at the point where I can write the end of the story. Since I am way short of 90K words, I am going to market this as a novella. When I finish the story and go back to revise this mucky mess of a draft, I will add in more details for settings and character building.  

Happy Writing!

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

No comments:

Post a Comment